Friday, December 13, 2013

a resurrection of sorts

Well, it is high time to bring this blog back to life. It's been a year and half since the last post, and a lot - beyond a lot - has happened in that time!

In short, here is how those 18 months were spent: I started and completed the Masters in Teaching program at Whitworth University, and am now certified and endorsed to teach math at the middle school or high school level. Daniel completed his final year of his Bachelors at the IDC and is applying to Masters programs in International Relations (or a more specific area of IR) in Sweden. During his visit to Spokane in October 2012, we ran a 1/2 marathon, then hiked up a mountain, then got engaged; in September 2013 we were married. Then we went to Sweden. Then I had to return to the US to finish up some stuff with my visa application (Daniel stayed in Sweden and looked for jobs - flights are expensive). My application for temporary residency was approved, and I moved to Sweden the first week of December. But now we're in Norway, where Daniel got a temporary job working at a fish farm.

It feels like a bit of a rush to jump straight into everything right now, so I think I will keep this entry short and sweet - with a few pictures, of course.


We got married at Log Haven Restaurant near Salt Lake City.
It was as close to perfect as a day could be, in my opinion!

Daniel needed a car for work, so he found this little gem. I feel like
this is setting us up well for one of those "Hey, remember when we
first got married and had that silly, tiny yellow car and we smelled like
fish for a month?" stories that we'll get to laugh at in a few years.
Well, we already laugh at it, in a "is this really my life?" kind of way.

This is near Bergen, Norway, where we are living at the moment. I've only
been here for a week, but I think it's safe to say that days like this - when the
sky is actually visible - are rare. And beautiful. But man, I am glad I have a
good rain jacket.

1 comment:

  1. Yay for your blog coming back to life! I'm excited to read about all your adventures! Love you!

    ReplyDelete